Muddy Britches Primitives

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A New View!


On May 20, 2010 we moved into our new home. Well, a new old home built in 1955. Although the house needs a bit of work, it has a lot of character and is a perfect fit for our family. The kitchen has "issues" which we will address later and I'll post before and after pics when we get to it.
Fremont is a little town and the most obvious feature is a tall yellow and green water tower which is fully in our view... hehe.  My first thought was why in the world would they paint this water tower THAT yellow and THAT green. Well, Fremont was named "The Daffodil Town" many years ago and they have a Daffodil Festival every spring. Thus, the yellow and green.
We live amongst farmland and right next to a tobacco field. I have enjoyed watching the tobacco grow and being taken care of. They've topped them out and the leaves are beginning to turn yellow. It won't be long before they'll be pulling those golden leaves off!

It's beautiful here. I've always loved this part of North Carolina.
The move was fairly smooth despite being so hot. We were excited that we had a huge storage room in the garage but we found it to be FULL of Black Widow spiders when we opened the doors. They've sprayed, but I am a chicken when it comes to things like that! NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING that I will be touching will go in there! My chickeness (is that a word?) really messes up my workroom / playroom plans so... time for plan B!

Our daughter and her fiance were having troubles, so since they helped us move, we invited them to stay with us until they could get on their feet. They have found pretty good jobs here and will be getting a car soon. They'll find their own place to live after that. It has not been easy for any of us, but we're making the best of it. It has been good that the children have gotten to know their mother better and hopefully she'll be able to keep them on the weekends to give my husband and I some much needed alone time.

I'm still working on getting settled. The heat has been horrible with weeks of 100 degree days. I hope to have my studio finished soon and back to my primitives. It has been too long!

Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment