Muddy Britches Primitives

Sunday, February 13, 2011

There IS Love.....

Can you believe it is February already? I think that God sometimes speeds things up just to be funny!

Today is my son's 19th birthday. I'm very proud of the man he is becoming. He works a stressful job. He is a volunteer fireman and is taking courses in fire science. He knows who he is and won't back down from his beliefs! He's honest and I can see him maturing day to day into someone special. It's good to be a mother! Here is a video I made for him when he turned eighteen.


I have been busy finishing Miss Truly whom you see to the left. She is my very first round head doll and to be brutally honest, her head sat around on my desk for months. I thought that off round ball might be a pincushion or perhaps be un-stuffed and thrown away. I am SO glad that I didn't do that. I picked the weird pumpkin looking thing up and started talking to it a few days ago. "What do you want to be?" "Are you a Leprechaun?" I made a nose, then a mouth. After much trouble, she started to come together. Truly turned out to be my absolute favorite doll that I have made. I almost kept her, but she has been adopted by a friend of mine and I know she has a good home!


How am I doing with the things I decided to work on for the New Year? Welllllll......... I'm doing pretty good! I have been eating better and have lost a few pounds. I have begun to take some time for me and my husband. I'm talking to God more and have stopped putting so much pressure on myself. If that basket of laundry doesn't get folded and put up, it will be there the next day! I'm not going to stress over it anymore. I can only do so much, right?  Okay, how are you all doing with your "resolutions?"


I am hoping to blog more often. I have a lot to say, but I just can't get it out for some reason. Some other bloggers make it look so easy! I'll see ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment