Muddy Britches Primitives

Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's 2013!


It's 2013!  Happy New Year!

I have such admiration for those who can keep up with blogging and life! I promised myself that I would post again on January 1st, but that didn't happen. 

When we flip that calendar from December to January, many of us think of resolutions. Do you have any this year? Oh, I make them and break them every single year. Last year, I was supposed to be skinnier... didn't happen. I was supposed to be more organized.. didn't happen. I was supposed to.. supposed to.. supposed too.. DIDN'T HAPPEN! I read somewhere that someone was not calling them resolutions, but rather goals. I like that. So..... I have a few GOALS this year! There are two that I WILL reach or else this year. 
One is to get some weight off. I have to! We made the decision to find a new member to our family this year. She is a white German Shepherd and her name is Willow. She is nine months old now and one of the reasons we got her was so that I could have a walking partner. Then I found out that I have severe arthritis in my knee. She and I try to walk as far as we can, but most of the time I have to turn around and come home. I'm working with doctors to come up with a solution. They don't want to do surgery because I'm so young..ha! So.. I'm taking that day by day and Willow is patient, loving and loyal!

The second goal this year is one that I've struggled with to be honest. I need to make time for ME and part of that is Muddy Britches. I have allowed life to put my needs and desires on the back burner for too long. The children are both is school now and I have some free time to spend on myself. I know it sounds selfish, but we all need that! Also, when you consider that I have had children in my home for twenty-five years straight... it's not selfish at all! We home schooled, so my two children were always with me. The first day that our two grandchildren were both in school at the same time... I sat in total silence for hours! No kidding! Ahhhhhhh!  Then when they come home, I'm all ready for bouncing off the walls fun! 

I hope to keep this blog for both selling and rambling about all sorts of things. God bless you and thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment