Muddy Britches Primitives

Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Productive Saturday...

Well, here I sit eating popcorn and watching an old Robert Mitchum movie at 11:30 pm on a Saturday night. An exciting life, right?  I love it! Everyone is asleep and it's quiet in the house other than me and Maggie (the Pekingese.)
We cleaned out a storage building out back today. Well, it's not really a storage building, it's more one of those big polyethylene carport sheds. We bought it for temporary storage until we moved. It's almost a year later.  Our neighbor has asked us to move it because the reason why he moved into his house is so he could see the "woods" through our back yard. Hmmm.... Well, we're taking it down. Seems like we're always trying to accommodate someone else! I'll be so glad when we're able to move out of a neighborhood. We're clean, quiet and have a well groomed yard by the way..hehe.
Anyway, we depleted our stuff by more than half today. We're not pack rats, but after fourteen years in this house and raising our children here... my son parted with a bunch of his old toys. He's almost eighteen and he chose to do it, but it's still kind of sad. My husband is the one who likes to hold onto things, but I was proud of him today.
I finished another Santa last night. I call him "A Child's Wish" because he holds a stocking full of what a child wishes for for Christmas... for Santa to come with toys, candy and for snow.
I didn't get to work on anything today, but tomorrow is a new day.
I'll post a picture of the new Santa here once my image hosting site is back up... or you can look at him on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150386889962


Take care all!



2 comments:

  1. Your Santa is adorable! Can't wait to see more of your work.
    Goldie

    ReplyDelete