Muddy Britches Primitives

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rain Has Abated from Ida and the Sun is Wonderful...

I never thought the sun would show itself again! I've been busy this morning cleaning up the debris left from the storm. You couldn't even see the driveway and patio for the leaves and pine straw!
The two little ones have been really sick with a cold this week, so I've been running around with medicine, snot rags and water for the vaporizer every day! I'm just so thankful I didn't get it this time and they're feeling much better today!
I made the best chicken soup though. I'll post the recipe on my other blog tonight, so remember to go print it out. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY! Hey, I am tooting my own horn this time.. yum!
I've been working on Snowman Head Ornaments for a few days now. I just wear so many other hats that I can't sit down and finish something in a timely manner, but I'm trying. My son is seventeen and is a little jealous of the two little grandbabies, so I try and "baby" him a little more. He acts all gruff and bullish, but I know he appreciates the little extra attention of me bringing him ice water or hot chocolate to his room. He's working hard and I'm proud of him.
Raleigh had a fire last night and he was able to help them do the finishing touches. He's part of the Explorer group, btw. He's always in a better mood for a week or so when he's able to go to a fire and help!
I hope to get much accomplished today and if I do, I'll post pictures tonight. Hugs to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment